Frequently Asked Questions - Buyer
Which payment method do you support?
ThingPark Market supports Credit Card (Visa & MasterCard) payments everywhere in Europe and other specific local bank transfers, such as i) Banco Contact, Mister cash, ING Home'Pay, KBC/CBC, Belfius in Belgium; ii) Multibanco, Payshop (in Portugal) iii) Sofort and GiroPay (in Germany) iii) Ideal (in the Netherlands), iv) Sisalpay (Italy) and v) Przelewy24 (in Poland).
What does the transaction price not include?
Transaction price does not include the following fees:
- In most cases, VAT & Import Tax will be left at buyer’s expense at a later stage, usually when transportation carrier is delivering goods at your place for international cross-border shipments. Some transportation carriers may charge additional “storing fee” in case you do not pay Custom Clearance quickly
- Expenses associated to returns, that will depend on seller’s return policy
- Exchange rates to convert transaction into your local preferred currency
What does the transaction price include?
Transaction price includes merchandise price excluding VAT + shipping to final destination, as a minimum. Depending on where the seller is located and whether you have a VAT registration number, transaction will include VAT amounts.
What are the applied exchange rates?
1 EUR = 1.415 USD
How is ThingPark Market recruiting new sellers?
ThingPark Market complies with anti-money laundering European and Worldwide policies. ThingPark Market runs careful scrutiny upon seller registration to make sure that we propose our buyers trusted third party sellers. Therefore, we may refuse seller candidates in the case they are not able to produce some Identity Financial documents.
Who am I paying to? Who is collecting?
When you make a payment on ThingPark Market, you pay this amount to sellers, who are responsible for sale-related aspects. ThingPark only helps to interface buyers with sellers and process the financial flow.
Payment transaction is following a specific process:
- ThingPark Market resorts to payment solution providers to capture the transaction
- ThingPark Market collects payment funds on seller’s behalf on a dedicated account where funds are kept secured till merchandise is delivered to buyer
- Upon payment receival, ThingPark Market sends Purchase Order to seller for shipment preparation
- Once merchandise is delivered to the buyer, final payment to seller is processed
When is my shipment sent?
Seller can ship merchandise as soon as payment is received on ThingPark Market account.
How does ThingPark manage Import Taxes?
Import tax are never included in the transaction price as they depend from Custom Clearance. It implies you will need to make a secondary payment to pay for Import taxes upon delivery. Seller is not responsible to pay Import taxes that are left are Importer’s expense. To help you understand the landed price you will approximately pay including import tax, ThingPark Market provides Import tax estimates based on Third-Party VAT Tax expert calculations, at the moment you make the transaction. Due to unpredictable behaviours during Custom Clearance process, ThingPark Market is unable to guarantee exact Import Tax calculations.