MultiTech MultiConnect mDot Box MTDOT-BOX-G-868-B EU868
Key features highlights :
- Quickly and easily perform LoRa site surveys with the mobile mDot Box Measure LoRa distance and building penetration performance for line of sight or urban/obstructed use cases
- User friendly LoRa evaluation tool - no heavy configuration or embedded design skills needed
- View LoRa site survey data your way - in the Cloud, on the gateway or export directly to your laptop
- LCD screen displays menu options
- Test mode data as well as sensor data GPS enabled for highly accurate location-based site surveys
- Flexibility to operate with any LoRaWAN 1.0 compliant gateway
- Supports both the European 868 MHz and North America 915 MHz ISM bands
The MultiConnect® mDot™ Box has been designed to help companies quickly determine if LoRa® is the right technology to solve key industrial IoT issues: how to effectively connect to, and manage, thousands of assets and sensors in the field to meet the cost, performance and strategic needs of the business.
The mDot Box, which includes a MultiConnect® mDot™ RF module and a micro developer kit, utilizes the LoRa long range, long distance, RF spread spectrum technology by Semtech®, to create a solution that overcomes the most difficult challenges in this area:
- Distance and obstruction penetration
- Low Cost: free bi-directional communications from thousands of mDots to a single Conduit utilizing LoRa unlicensed ISM band spectrum
- Extended Life: LoRa’s extremely low power draw enables battery-powered assets to operate for years.
The mDot Box helps companies determine if their LoRa-based IoT applications solve the questions above by making it easy to obtain real-world LoRa performance information through site surveys or proof of concept development results. With the click of a button, the mDot Box provides a wealth of valuable information such as location, spreading factor, throughout, time and date activity and power level usage at the very locations companies are planning to deploy LoRa technology.
Viewing and analyzing site survey data is easy thanks to the versatility of the mDot Box which provides multiple ways of exporting data, including to the customer’s preferred Cloud platform. The mDot Box provides 3 modes to make it easier to evaluate LoRa technology use cases:
- LoRa Demo Mode is ideal for testing IoT application prototypes and “proof of concepts”.
- Sensor data is transmitted to the LoRa gateway at user defined intervals or triggered with the push of a button.
- Survey Single Mode tests connectivity with the LoRa gateway at different data rate and power level combinations.
- Site Survey Sweep Mode tests connectivity with the LoRa gateway over a wide range of data rates and power levels automatically.
|Manufacturer Part number||MTDOT-BOX-G-868-B|
|Product Attributes||Dev kit, Field test|
|RF Region||EU868 - Europe 863-870MHz|
|LoRa Class||Class A|
|Solution Represented||Smart Cities, Energy and Utilities|
|Antenna||External on connector|
|Certification||LoRa® Alliance, CE, FCC, RoHS|
|Lead-time if backordered (in working days)||15|
|Is available for sale||Yes|
|Lead-time if in Stock (in working days)||3|
DataSheet mDot Box.pdf
No questions asked yet.